This 3-Ingredient Carob Nice Cream comes together in five minutes flat and makes an excellent caffeine-free AIP, Paleo or Vegan treat!
Two of the top five recipes on this site are these 4-Ingredient Carob Date Bars and these Carob Collagen Bliss Balls! Since you guys seem to have a thing for carob, I thought I’d experiment more with creating some delicious chocolate-free healthy treats for you.
First up: 3-Ingredient Carob Nice Cream.
What are the benefits of carob?
For those of us on the Autoimmune Protocol, chocolate is off limits, for a number of reasons. Personally, through food reintroductions, I’ve found that if I consume chocolate in the evening, I have a much harder time falling asleep and/or staying asleep. I’m not sure whether it’s the caffeine, the theobromine (another mild stimulant found in cacao) or the sugar. But, no matter the reason, chocolate is a no-go for me, at least in the evenings.
As an alternative to chocolate, carob has been a lifesaver on AIP! It tastes delicious, has numerous health benefits, is free of stimulants, AND is AIP-friendly!
And while carob is clearly not (and will never be) chocolate, it has a delicious, nutty, savory-sweet flavor that, when paired with the bananas in this carob nice cream, really helps kick my chocolate cravings to the curb.
Some of the numerous health benefits of carob include:
- Good source of anti-inflammatory antioxidants and polyphenols.
- Good source of vitamins and minerals, such as calcium and potassium.
- Free of tyramine, a compound found in chocolate that can trigger headaches/migraines in some people.
- High in fiber.
- Free of theobromine, a mild stimulant found in chocolate (the compound in chocolate that is toxic to dogs and cats).
Though carob has these health benefits, it is naturally high in sugar, which can be pro-inflammatory if you consume too much. So, as with any treat, be sure to consume in moderation.
Carob Nice Cream Ingredients
You guys may not know this about me, but I’m a super lazy cook. I only like recipes that dirty as few dishes as possible, and don’t take more than 30 minutes. So, when developing this recipe for 3-Ingredient Carob Nice Cream, I wanted to make it as simple as possible, so you can be as lazy as me, but still enjoy a delicious treat without reaching for the not-so-healthy treats you may have stashed in your freezer. So here it is. The only three ingredients you’ll need for this recipe:
How to make 3-Ingredient Carob Nice Cream
This AIP and Paleo-friendly carob nice cream recipe is as simple as adding your ingredients to a high-speed blender and blending until smooth. You may have to add a few extra splashes of coconut milk until it blends well and/or use a tamper or spatula to scrape down the sides to get it all blended.
If you like soft-serve, serve it up straight out of your blender, or store it in an airtight container in the freezer and scoop out at your leisure. It may be a little hard right out of the freezer. If so, just let it thaw at room temperature for a few minutes to soften it up and scoop away!
And stay tuned for more nice cream recipes, coming soon!Print
This 3-ingredient Carob Nice Cream comes together in five minutes flat and makes an excellent caffeine-free AIP, Paleo or Vegan treat!
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Continue adding coconut milk until it blends well. You may have to use a tamper and/or scrape down the sides to get it all blended.
- If you like soft-serve, serve it up now! Or store in an airtight container in the freezer and scoop out at your leisure. Remove the container from the freezer for a few minutes to help soften it up, if it’s too hard to scoop.
Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to a few months.
All nutrition information is an estimate, only, using an online nutrition calculator.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 111
- Fat: 3.8g
- Carbohydrates: 19.8g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Protein: 1.5g
Keywords: ice cream, nice cream, bananas, aip, desserts, treats