Beef, broccoli and mushrooms make for a perfect AIP Beef Stir Fry that is fantastic for a quick Paleo, Whole30 or AIP weeknight dinner!
For the AIP Stir Fry Sauce:
3/4 cup coconut aminos (without added sweeteners)
1/2 cup bone broth
2 Tbsp Red Boat fish sauce
2 Tbsp AIP compliant vinegar, such as coconut vinegar, white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp onion powder
For the stir fry:
2 Tbsp avocado oil (or other high-heat oil, such as coconut oil), divided
1.5 lbs sirloin, cut against the grain into 1/4″ thick slices
3 cups broccoli florets
8 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
3 green onions, sliced
- Add all the sauce ingredients to a small mason jar. Shake well and set aside. Pre-slice your steak and prep your vegetables, so they’re easy to add to the stir fry as you go.
- Add 1 Tbsp of avocado oil to a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Once pan is hot and oil is glistening, add the sliced beef and stir fry for 3-5 minutes, or until almost cooked through (don’t overcook it. You’ll be adding it back to the pan later, so it will cook more). Remove beef strips to a clean plate or bowl and set aside.
- Add 1 Tbsp oil to the same skillet/wok and swirl to coat. Then add broccoli florets and sliced mushrooms and stir fry 5-7 minutes or until veggies are tender-crisp.
- Add cooked steak back to the pan and drizzle stir fry sauce over everything, tossing to coat. (I like a saucy stir fry. If you like your stir fries on the drier side, just use a little less sauce and save the rest for later). Heat for another minute or so, until dish is warmed through.
- Serve with cauliflower rice or cassava noodles, if desired. Top with sliced green onions.
If you want your beef strips extra tender, just slice the beef against the grain, toss them in baking soda (1-1/2 tsp per pound of meat) and let marinate in the fridge for 30-40 minutes. Then rinse with tap water and blot dry before proceeding to the stir fry recipe.
I like a saucy stir fry. If you like your stir fries on the drier side, just use a little less sauce and save the rest for later.
Save leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days. Reheat in the microwave or in a skillet on the stovetop.
All nutrition information is an estimate and does not include additional things like cauli-rice or cassava noodles.
- Serving Size: 1/6th of recipe
- Calories: 288
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 38g
Keywords: aip, beef, stir fry, paleo, whole30, easy, fast, weeknight dinner