This AIP Irish Beef Stew is perfect for an autoimmune-friendly Saint Patrick’s Day celebration, or for any day of the year! And the Instant Pot makes it mostly hands-off, so you can take the time to relax with friends and family, or seize the opportunity to try your hand at making some AIP Irish soda bread.
- Turn the Instant Pot to sauté and add the avocado oil. Once it’s hot, add your stew meat and sear on all sides (about 5 minutes).
- Turn the Instant Pot off and add the chopped onion, garlic, coconut aminos, sea salt, thyme, bay leaf and broth. Seal and set to the stew setting for 30 minutes. When the cooking cycle is complete, do a quick release of the pressure, taking care not to burn yourself on the steam. Cover the release valve with a towel to prevent splatter.
- Remove the bay leaf, and add the chopped carrots and white sweet potato. Seal the Instant Pot and set to high pressure for 4 minutes. When the cooking cycle is complete, do a quick release of the pressure again, taking care not to burn yourself on the steam. Cover the release valve with a towel to prevent splatter.
- Give the stew a good stir and serve!
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
All nutrition information is an estimate, only, using an online nutrition calculator.
- Serving Size: 1/6th of recipe
- Calories: 394
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 34g
Keywords: irish stew, irish beef stew, beef stew, instant pot, saint patrick's day