This Easy Winter Orzo Salad makes a quick and easy lunch or a great dish to bring to a winter potluck. It’s simple to make with fresh winter produce, shredded chicken and a lemony dressing. A comforting, yet refreshing winter salad, perfect for those on a gluten free, Paleo or AIP diet.
For the Winter Orzo Salad:
- 8 oz package Jovial cassava orzo
- 2 large leaves rainbow chard, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 lb pre-cooked shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (be sure to check ingredients for AIP compliance)
For the dressing:
- Begin by cooking the cassava orzo according to package directions.
- While the orzo cooks, wash and prep the chard, carrot and shallot. Add the sliced chard, shredded carrot, sliced shallot, shredded chicken and dried cranberries to a large mixing bowl.
- Add dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- When the orzo is finished cooking, drain and add it to the large bowl along with the other ingredients. Pour the dressing over everything and toss to combine. Add extra sea salt to taste. Enjoy!
This pasta salad is best served immediately, or chilled slightly, but will save in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days. No need to reheat. It’s perfect right out of the fridge!
All nutrition information is an estimate, only, based on an online nutrition calculator.
- Serving Size: 1/6th of recipe
- Calories: 541
- Fat: 13.2g
- Carbohydrates: 36.1g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 20.5g
Keywords: winter, orzo, salad, chicken, easy, quick, aip, paleo, gluten free