These Paleo Italian Stuffed Mushrooms have all the flavor and texture of traditional Italian stuffed mushrooms, but none of the gluten or dairy.
- 16 oz baby bella mushrooms (about 30 mushrooms)
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3/4 cup pork panko
- 1/4 cup non-fortified nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp dried minced onion
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Clean and dry mushrooms with a paper towel. Remove the stems and reserve for another dish (stir fry, stuffing, etc).
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss the mushroom caps with 2 Tbsp of the olive oil and arrange top-side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In the same bowl, add the pork panko, nutritional yeast, seasonings, salt and remaining 2 Tbsp of olive oil. Toss to combine. Spoon the stuffing mixture into the mushrooms caps, dividing evenly. Try not to pack them too tightly or they’ll get soggy instead of crispy.
- Bake the stuffed mushrooms at 400ºF for 9-12 minutes, checking often so the smaller ones don’t overcook.
These stuffed mushrooms are best served immediately, for ultimate flavor and crispiness. If you have leftovers, they will store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a day or two. To reheat, pop them back in the oven (or a toaster oven) at 400ºF for 3-5 minutes.
All nutrition information is an estimate, only, based on an online nutrition calculator.
- Serving Size: 5 stuffed mushrooms
- Calories: 116
- Fat: 10.4g
- Carbohydrates: 4.3g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 3.4g
Keywords: stuffed mushrooms, side dish, aip, paleo, grain free