This Shrimp Pesto Pasta takes just 10 ingredients and about 20 minutes from fridge to table. An excellent AIP or Paleo weeknight dinner!
For the AIP Kale Pesto:
- 2.5 oz baby kale (approx. 2 cups, loosely packed)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- juice from 1/4 lemon (approx. 3 1/2 tsp)
- 2 Tbsp + 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup nutritional yeast (non-fortified for AIP)
For the Pasta, Shrimp and Broccoli:
- Add all the kale pesto ingredients to a food processor and pulse until desired consistency is reached. Pause to scrape down the sides, as needed.
- Cut the broccoli into small florets of roughly equal size and thaw the shrimp (if frozen).
- Cook the cassava fusilli according to package directions. Boil on high, stirring frequently, for best texture.
- While the pasta cooks, add avocado oil to a large skillet warmed over medium-high heat. Sauté the shrimp until opaque, about 5-7 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat, leaving the shrimp in the skillet.
- With 5 minutes remaining on the pasta, add the broccoli florets to the pasta water and continue to boil, stirring frequently, for 5 more minutes.
- Drain the pasta and broccoli and add them to the skillet with the shrimp. Add the kale pesto and toss to coat. Serve hot.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
All nutrition information is an estimate, only, using and online nutrition calculator.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 461
- Fat: 21.3g
- Carbohydrates: 27.2g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Protein: 39.8g
Keywords: kale pesto, pesto pasta, shrimp pesto pasta, aip, paleo, nut-free, dairy-free